Management / Operations Professional
MBA and seasoned professional, including recent healthcare management experience, through multiple business and financial cycles in Seattle, Silicon Valley, and New York, at large and small firms, startups and Fortune 500.
- Results-oriented, budget-conscious, and efficiency-minded. Troubleshooter, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excels at forging and improving communication and coordination. Proactive communicator.
- Creative non-traditional thinker; takes ideas and runs with them. Problem solver. Makes things happen.
Seattle Skin Cancer Center, PLLC,
Mohs Micrographic Surgery Specialty Dermatology Clinic and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC/ASF)
Practice Manager / Clinic and Surgery Center Administrator
- Identified, investigated, and corrected myriad lapses and errors from previous administrators.
- Rebuilt excellent relations with then-delinquent accounts through honest and upfront approach.
- Successfully managed Medicare recertification during Dept. of Health inspection in second month on the job.
- Managed transition to new billing and scheduling systems, including newly outsourced billing service.
- Administered payroll, financials, human resources, purchasing, accounts payable, and day to day operations.
A Center of Excellence at Orthopedics International
Vice President, Operations
- Took over last-minute Continuing Medical Education (CME) symposium, achieving compliance, planning, and CME credit approval by Evergreen Hospital in under two months.
- Integrated multiple doctors' practices and staff into coherent, branded whole.
- Managed project and maintained tight strategic/scope focus for new company web site and contractor.
HomeWell Senior Care
- Co-developed and administered systems for scheduling, billing, and day to day operations.
Providing business and technology consulting, project management, and contracting for solo and team projects.
- Identify client needs and opportunities to craft long- and short-term business and technology plans.
- Advise regarding technology and operational decisions and implementations for diverse clients.
- Quality completion of projects under budget and on time.
- Constructed investor marketing plan to raise $3.8 million to develop independent film project.
- Developed commercialization and launch plan for portable fuel cell.
Openwave Systems / Phone.com,
Redwood City, CA
Internet/messaging systems provider for mobile devices and service providers.
Product Manager, Carrier Applications Group (CAG)
Evaluated third parties for potential acquisition or partnership. Integrated and unified personalization and processes.
Palo Alto, CA
Application service provider for outsourcing of personalization services. Acquired by Openwave (then Phone.com) for approximately $20 million in June 2000.
Executive Producer/Product Manager;
Member of three-person senior management team
Coordinated marketing, business development, sales, and engineering planning and scheduling. Identified and addressed clients' unique requirements and delivered optimal solutions. Formulated user experience for products.
- Managed partnership with Intel and Frog Design to provide infrastructure for confidential product.
- Created strategy and vision for new and existing products, resulting in Openwave's acquisition of Myable.
Architect / Project Lead / Senior Engineer; My Yahoo Team, Personalization Services Group
Senior member of team handling most registered user services and international infrastructure. Designed and implemented process systems to support growth from 300 to 3,000 employees and more than 50 million users.
- Directed expansion of US/UK system to 35 countries on six continents, in six months, using 16 languages.
- Orchestrated cross-functional, global, matrix-managed product teams in localization and internationalization, including addressing global financial and political challenges (e.g. China, Taiwan).
- Crafted systems to automate addition of news content, reducing time required from weeks to minutes.
Redwood Shores, CA
Architect for Abstraction and Integration / Project Lead; Team Tao Process Management, Tools Division
Instrumental in development of company-wide process systems to manage growth from 5,000 to 25,000 employees.
- Led multi-divisional effort which reduced product release cycles from 6 months to 24 hours.
- Dramatically improved interdivisional coordination and communication using negotiation and leadership skills at the individual and group levels.
Acting Manager / Acting Product Manager; Graphics Group; Tools Division
Took charge of critical product chain after loss of manager and two-thirds of team. Coordinated releases, escalations, and enhancement requests with customers and suppliers.
- Achieved all inherited obligations through careful management of priorities and available resources.
- Brought all products in ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Devised automated process management for multiple simultaneous development and release cycles.
Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington,
Master of Business Administration (MBA); Operations, Strategy
- UW Business Plan Competition: Two-time investment round finalist.
- Vice president, biotech club; Member of consulting, global business, marketing, and strategy clubs.
Copenhagen Business School (Handelshøjskolen i København),
MBA International Summer University Program (ISUP)
Bachelor of Arts (AB); Computer Science (Visual Simulation/Animation, Computer-Human Interaction)
Board of Directors, ShoulderWorks, PLLC
Board of Directors, Northwest Biodiesel Network
Board of Advisors, Multimedia Department, Ohlone College
Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI)
Mountain View, CA
Princeton University Interactive Computer Graphics Laboratory (ICGL)
Center for Astrophysical Research in Antarctica (CARA)
Eagle Scout, Troop 7, Boy Scouts of America
Port Washington, NY
Hobbies & Interests
Renovation and maintenance of Mercedes-Benz W115, W124, and R129 automobiles
Renewable energy from waste;
pen and paper RPGs;
domestic and international travel;
process management; MBA; international experience; operations; marketing; innovative; healthcare; Princeton; CME; renewable energy; Medicare; clinic administrator; ASC; ASF; Mohs; surgery center; MGMA; troubleshooter; troubleshooting